radeon 9700 video problems

I get green lines down my screen running any simple or medium graphics programs. If I run a performance test the lines appear on the easier programs and disappear on the complex ones. During games the video is corrupted and pixels extend to the end of the screen, making the screen a mess.
The video issues also show up on the boot screens as well. I have tried all the drivers for the card and mobo ( asus a7n8x-e deluxe ).
I unplugged some fans to reduce the power load, and it's still bad.
At times, it will suddenly get better and run great.
??

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go here http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php

This is a forum for ATI video cards.

"gamer" <gamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I get green lines down my screen running any simple or medium graphics
programs. If I run a performance test the lines appear on the easier
programs and disappear on the complex ones. During games the video is
corrupted and pixels extend to the end of the screen, making the screen a
mess.
> The video issues also show up on the boot screens as well. I have tried
all the drivers for the card and mobo ( asus a7n8x-e deluxe ).
> I unplugged some fans to reduce the power load, and it's still bad.
> At times, it will suddenly get better and run great.
> ??

I actually have tried most of the vid card fixes and thought it may be an xp or mobo chipset issue. That's why I posted here.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Go here http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php
>
> This is a forum for ATI video cards.
>
> "gamer" <gamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I get green lines down my screen running any simple or medium graphics
> programs. If I run a performance test the lines appear on the easier
> programs and disappear on the complex ones. During games the video is
> corrupted and pixels extend to the end of the screen, making the screen a
> mess.
> > The video issues also show up on the boot screens as well. I have tried
> all the drivers for the card and mobo ( asus a7n8x-e deluxe ).
> > I unplugged some fans to reduce the power load, and it's still bad.
> > At times, it will suddenly get better and run great.
> > ??

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

What it sounds like is that you have a problem with compatibility. I
would try another video card. I had the same problem with a Leadtec
card. It worked well for about a year then I got the green lines. Re
placed the card and everything work well again.

Rick