A7V8X-MX SE backplate

Hello all.

A while back, I purchased a refurb A7V8X-MX SE from Newegg.com.
Unfortunately, it arrived with everything except the backplate (I/O
shield). Since it was a refurb, I realized that I was taking a chance
that something might be missing. I contacted both Newegg and Asus to
see if either could provide me with a replacement however, neither
could. Naturally, they both pointed the responsible finger at each
other. Does anyone know how or from where I can obtain a backplate
for this board? Many thanks!

Regards,

Henry D. ---------> hldevereux@spamfreeyahoo.com

Anti-Spam measure in place. To reply, remove "spamfree".

Anybody?

Alternately, if I am unable to obtain a replacement backplate, would
there be any potential problems with going without a backplate aside
from excessive dust accumulation?

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:08:48 -0400, Henry D
<hldevereux@spamfreeyahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello all.
>
>A while back, I purchased a refurb A7V8X-MX SE from Newegg.com.
>Unfortunately, it arrived with everything except the backplate (I/O
>shield). Since it was a refurb, I realized that I was taking a chance
>that something might be missing. I contacted both Newegg and Asus to
>see if either could provide me with a replacement however, neither
>could. Naturally, they both pointed the responsible finger at each
>other. Does anyone know how or from where I can obtain a backplate
>for this board? Many thanks!

>Regards,
>
>Henry D. ---------> hldevereux@spamfreeyahoo.com
>
>Anti-Spam measure in place. To reply, remove "spamfree".

Regards,

Henry D. ---------> hldevereux@spamfreeyahoo.com

Anti-Spam measure in place. To reply, remove "spamfree".

Ran into a similiar problem with a new retail board, same make as
yours. To make a long story short I installed the board without the
backplate. It has worked great ever since.

Agreed it isn't the neatest looking thing around but it will work
without the backplate.

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:08:48 -0400, Henry D
<hldevereux@spamfreeyahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello all.
>
>A while back, I purchased a refurb A7V8X-MX SE from Newegg.com.
>Unfortunately, it arrived with everything except the backplate (I/O
>shield). Since it was a refurb, I realized that I was taking a chance
>that something might be missing. I contacted both Newegg and Asus to
>see if either could provide me with a replacement however, neither
>could. Naturally, they both pointed the responsible finger at each
>other. Does anyone know how or from where I can obtain a backplate
>for this board? Many thanks!

>Regards,
>
>Henry D. ---------> hldevereux@spamfreeyahoo.com
>
>Anti-Spam measure in place. To reply, remove "spamfree".

Thanks for the reply, Bobbie. I'll give it a try.