Asus On-Board Sound

Hi there,

I've recently been trying to set up my mobo to use a headset/mic.
However although I can get sound fine I can't get it to pick up the mic.

Now I'm using two seperate headsets, could this be a variable?

I've just updated my drivers from the realtek site so they're current.
I'm pretty sure my windows settings or ok. Any have another take on
this?

Any replies appreciated.

--
The difference between America and England is that the
English think 100 miles is a long distance and the

    In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

    Strider proclaimed...

    > Any replies appreciated.

    Oh and a little system info:

    Mobo: Asus K7V333-x mobo
    CPU: AMD XP 2.2
    Audio: realtek 6 channel ac97 codec, alc650
    OS: Windows XP SP2

    Any other information you might require?

    --
    The difference between America and England is that the
    English think 100 miles is a long distance and the
    Americans think 100 years is a long time.

    In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

    Strider proclaimed...

    > Any other information you might require?

    Oh, wow. I've just discovered some of interest. I was playing a mp3 on
    media player and it seems that it's recording but straight off the
    motherboard and not the mic.

    Any ideas?
    --
    The difference between America and England is that the
    English think 100 miles is a long distance and the
    Americans think 100 years is a long time.

    In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

    Strider proclaimed...

    > Oh, wow. I've just discovered some of interest. I was playing a mp3 on
    > media player and it seems that it's recording but straight off the
    > motherboard and not the mic.

    Fixed. thanks for reading anyway

    --

    Strider wrote:

    > In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
    >
    > Strider proclaimed...
    >
    > > Oh, wow. I've just discovered some of interest. I was playing a mp3 on
    > > media player and it seems that it's recording but straight off the
    > > motherboard and not the mic.
    >
    > Fixed. thanks for reading anyway
    >
    > --
    > The difference between America and England is that the
    > English think 100 miles is a long distance and the
    > Americans think 100 years is a long time.

    Geez 4 posts all to yourself and no one answers. Someone losing it, eh Stri?
    :-)
    Ahh the trainwreck of Striders posts. Just can't look away. :-)
    --
    Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
    Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca

    Since I don't use your mobo and onboard sound, I can't really help you but I
    am suspecting that it's your mixer.

    Read the onboard audio manual on how to use the realtek mixer. you might
    have muted it, or chose mp3/wav/all sound/what you hear as your rec source,
    or that the mic isn't selected as source.

    Get it?

    "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:MPG.1bcdf68012e9f1b498a3f7@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
    >
    > Strider proclaimed...
    >
    > > Any other information you might require?
    >
    > Oh, wow. I've just discovered some of interest. I was playing a mp3 on
    > media player and it seems that it's recording but straight off the
    > motherboard and not the mic.

Asus Gaming Headsets Motherboards