Asus On-Board Sound

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
October 6, 2004 4:16:38 PM

Hi there,

I've recently been trying to set up my mobo to use a headset/mic.
However although I can get sound fine I can't get it to pick up the mic.

Now I'm using two seperate headsets, could this be a variable?

I've just updated my drivers from the realtek site so they're current.
I'm pretty sure my windows settings or ok. Any have another take on
this?

Any replies appreciated.

--
The difference between America and England is that the
English think 100 miles is a long distance and the

More about : asus board sound

October 6, 2004 4:19:29 PM

In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Strider proclaimed...

> Any replies appreciated.

Oh and a little system info:

Mobo: Asus K7V333-x mobo
CPU: AMD XP 2.2
Audio: realtek 6 channel ac97 codec, alc650
OS: Windows XP SP2

Any other information you might require?

--
The difference between America and England is that the
English think 100 miles is a long distance and the
Americans think 100 years is a long time.
October 6, 2004 4:33:26 PM

In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Strider proclaimed...

> Any other information you might require?

Oh, wow. I've just discovered some of interest. I was playing a mp3 on
media player and it seems that it's recording but straight off the
motherboard and not the mic.

Any ideas?
--
The difference between America and England is that the
English think 100 miles is a long distance and the
Americans think 100 years is a long time.
Related resources
October 6, 2004 4:38:46 PM

In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Strider proclaimed...

> Oh, wow. I've just discovered some of interest. I was playing a mp3 on
> media player and it seems that it's recording but straight off the
> motherboard and not the mic.

Fixed. thanks for reading anyway

--
The difference between America and England is that the
English think 100 miles is a long distance and the
Americans think 100 years is a long time.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2004 6:02:34 PM

Strider wrote:

> In the bedlam that is alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
>
> Strider proclaimed...
>
> > Oh, wow. I've just discovered some of interest. I was playing a mp3 on
> > media player and it seems that it's recording but straight off the
> > motherboard and not the mic.
>
> Fixed. thanks for reading anyway
>
> --
> The difference between America and England is that the
> English think 100 miles is a long distance and the
> Americans think 100 years is a long time.

Geez 4 posts all to yourself and no one answers. Someone losing it, eh Stri?
:-)
Ahh the trainwreck of Striders posts. Just can't look away. :-)
--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jeff (at) tibben (dot) ca

Since I don't use your mobo and onboard sound, I can't really help you but I
am suspecting that it's your mixer.

Read the onboard audio manual on how to use the realtek mixer. you might
have muted it, or chose mp3/wav/all sound/what you hear as your rec source,
or that the mic isn't selected as source.

Get it?

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:MPG.1bcdf68012e9f1b498a3f7@news-text.blueyonder.co.uk ¤¤¼¶¼g...

!