Windows scrolling back & forth rapidly

Does my Intellimous Explorer need to be replaced?

It is plugged into a USB hub connected to Windows XP Pro and the mouse has
been working flawlessly for a very long time. Now, every so often, when I
am working the window will just start scrolling back and forth very rapidly
and any other window that I move the pointer to does the same. A reboot
seems to solve the problem for a time.

It could be the h/ware or an o/s gltch, b4 forking out on
a new mouse, give a reinstall a shot 2 see if that helps.
[Providing its not a massive task doing this.]

Rgds Paul

If you are talking a re-install of the mouse driver, that is easy and been
done. It is not enough of a problem to re-install the entire system.

Al