Can't turn on computer using mouse

Bud

My USB cordless optical mouse will not turn on the computer after the
computer has been placed in hibernation or has been turned off. Have tried
plugging it into different ports, while using a four port mini hub, and also
directly into the tower. The PS/2 mouse turns it on with no problem. Have
even tried it with the PS/2 mouse unplugged. No joy.

Suggestions please.

Thanks, Bud

O/S XP Home.

If there is a better NG for asking this question I would appreciate hearing
about it.

Usually USB devices won't wake up from hibernation.
You need to press the power button.
Please check your BIOS wake-up settings.

-PA

"Bud" <bud345NOTTHIS@cox.net> wrote in message news:3K1Dc.3$z81.2@fed1read01...
> My USB cordless optical mouse will not turn on the computer after the
> computer has been placed in hibernation or has been turned off. Have tried
> plugging it into different ports, while using a four port mini hub, and also
> directly into the tower. The PS/2 mouse turns it on with no problem. Have
> even tried it with the PS/2 mouse unplugged. No joy.
>
> Suggestions please.
>
> Thanks, Bud
>
> O/S XP Home.
>
> If there is a better NG for asking this question I would appreciate hearing
> about it.

Bud

Thanks for the reply PA! Will try to find a local tech type to come over and
show me how to check those BIOS wake-up settings.

Bud