All disc drives

rod

I have upgraded from windows 98 to windows XP home
edition. I used the complete disc, not just the update
version. I've found that the PC doesnt recognise A:
(floppy), or the CD drives (D: and E:). My PC has the
drives listed, and a music CD can be played via the
buttons on the actual drive, but can be opened on the PC.
A CD-ROM can only be used if it's loaded into the drive
and the PC restarted, but once started and inserted it
says "insert disc into drive ...."

I have tried to get latest drivers and updates but they
dont seem to work. What could be wrong

keith

Make sure you have the latest Bios for your motherboard and also the latest
chipset drivers check the manufacturers site out