keith

I bought a HP model 9741C computer in mexico with widnows
98 in Spanish
I have since installed Windows XP in english
Now my spanish keyboard does not work correctly. IE the
keys do not do what they have labelled on them.
Is ther a fix to this problem?

Mike

Splendid

Control Panel - Regional and Language options - click on the language tab
then on 'details'.. add Spanish keyboard..

"Keith" <keithdodd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I bought a HP model 9741C computer in mexico with widnows
> 98 in Spanish
> I have since installed Windows XP in english
> Now my spanish keyboard does not work correctly. IE the
> keys do not do what they have labelled on them.
> Is ther a fix to this problem?

"Keith" <keithdodd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I bought a HP model 9741C computer in mexico with widnows
> 98 in Spanish
> I have since installed Windows XP in english

Just out of curiosity: Did you do a clean installation of
English WinXP or did you install over the Spanish Win98?

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

Opinicus wrote:
> "Keith" <keithdodd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I bought a HP model 9741C computer in mexico with widnows
>> 98 in Spanish
>> I have since installed Windows XP in english
>
> Just out of curiosity: Did you do a clean installation of
> English WinXP or did you install over the Spanish Win98?

I was just thinking the same thing (if you're alluding to what I think
you're alluding to). If he perfomed an upgrade installation, it shouldn't
(indeed, wouldn't) have worked, as both the upgrade and the qualifying
product must be in the same language. Therefore, I must conclude that he has
a full licence and he would have had to have installed it clean, which
leaves me all the more mystified, unless he did something silly and set the
keyboard language to Spanish during installation.

I can think of no other explanation...