C-Media audio driver and Installing Real Player

My PC keeps crashing and the error report says and error
occured in C-Media audio driver (cm uda.sys), what does
this mean and does anyone know a solution?
Also I have downloaded Real Player but everytime I try to
install it I get this message %RN_COMMON% does anyone
know what this means or how to solve the problem?
I hope someone can help!
1 answer Last reply
More about media audio driver installing real player

    Marie, this maybe caused by a corrupted audio driver. Rt click on
    MyComputer>select Properties>
    Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, Video and Game Controllers>click + and
    expand. Look for
    any audio driver entries and right click and select Update. Hopefully
    you have the Software CD that
    came with the Computer. That will have the C-Media audio driver on it.
    "Marie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My PC keeps crashing and the error report says and error
    > occured in C-Media audio driver (cm uda.sys), what does
    > this mean and does anyone know a solution?
    > Also I have downloaded Real Player but everytime I try to
    > install it I get this message %RN_COMMON% does anyone
    > know what this means or how to solve the problem?
    > I hope someone can help!

Hardware Audio Microsoft Windows XP