Help!! C-Media audio driver error and install Real Player ..

My PC keeps crashing and I have received an error report
saying an error is occuring in C-Media audio driver (cm
uda.sys), does anyone know what this means or have any
solutions?
Also I have downloaded Real Player 10 but cannot install
it everytime I try to I get the message %RN_COMMON% can
anyone help?!! Please!!!
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about help media audio driver error install real player

    Problems When You Are Using an Out-of-Date Version of the C-Media Cmaudio.ax Driver
    File
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317358

    Go here for a driver upgrade.
    http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_dload1.htm

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Marie" <mmsuk@msn.com> wrote in message
    > My PC keeps crashing and I have received an error report
    > saying an error is occuring in C-Media audio driver (cm
    > uda.sys), does anyone know what this means or have any
    > solutions?
    > Also I have downloaded Real Player 10 but cannot install
    > it everytime I try to I get the message %RN_COMMON% can
    > anyone help?!! Please!!!
    > Thanks.

    I have an ASUS P4S8X motherboard, with built-in sound. It happens to use
    C-Media drivers. The drivers came on the motherboard CD, and the latest
    ones for my motherboard are available on the ASUS support website.

    Suggestion: Get the latest drivers for your motherboard and install them.
    First try the full windows-desktop-level and a normal driver installation.
    Usually you either right-click on an INF file and select install, or
    sometimes there is a SETUP.EXE type file that you double-click. If necesary
    use safe mode to boot the PC and manually force a change of drivers.

    If you have a separate sound card, be sure that you disable the sound on the
    motherboard. Consult you motherboard manual.

    "Marie" <mmsuk@msn.com> wrote in message
    > My PC keeps crashing and I have received an error report
    > saying an error is occuring in C-Media audio driver (cm
    > uda.sys), does anyone know what this means or have any
    > solutions?
    > Also I have downloaded Real Player 10 but cannot install
    > it everytime I try to I get the message %RN_COMMON% can
    > anyone help?!! Please!!!
    > Thanks.

Hardware Audio Microsoft Windows XP