Help!! C-Media audio driver error and install Real Player ..

marie

My PC keeps crashing and I have received an error report
saying an error is occuring in C-Media audio driver (cm
uda.sys), does anyone know what this means or have any
solutions?
Also I have downloaded Real Player 10 but cannot install
it everytime I try to I get the message %RN_COMMON% can
anyone help?!! Please!!!
Thanks.

Problems When You Are Using an Out-of-Date Version of the C-Media Cmaudio.ax Driver
File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317358

Go here for a driver upgrade.
http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_dload1.htm

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Marie" <mmsuk@msn.com> wrote in message
> My PC keeps crashing and I have received an error report
> saying an error is occuring in C-Media audio driver (cm
> uda.sys), does anyone know what this means or have any
> solutions?
> Also I have downloaded Real Player 10 but cannot install
> it everytime I try to I get the message %RN_COMMON% can
> anyone help?!! Please!!!
> Thanks.

I have an ASUS P4S8X motherboard, with built-in sound. It happens to use
C-Media drivers. The drivers came on the motherboard CD, and the latest
ones for my motherboard are available on the ASUS support website.

Suggestion: Get the latest drivers for your motherboard and install them.
First try the full windows-desktop-level and a normal driver installation.
Usually you either right-click on an INF file and select install, or
sometimes there is a SETUP.EXE type file that you double-click. If necesary
use safe mode to boot the PC and manually force a change of drivers.

If you have a separate sound card, be sure that you disable the sound on the
motherboard. Consult you motherboard manual.