Overclocking Asus Pundit-R?

How good or bad is Asus Pundit-R for overclocking?
Intel P4 2.6C HT Northwood processor, how much i can overclock that with
original cooling system and power? :)
I think that only way to overclock is raising FSB, how much FSB i can but
with any problems?

Unfortunately there is no possibility to change the "default" speed
specified by the processor. As least not in BIOS version 1002 and
1003.
I really think Asus should do something about this in the next BOIS
version,
since a lot of people would like to underclock pundit systems to lower
the temp/noise.

/Mikael

"Mikael Nordenberg" <bananenb1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately there is no possibility to change the "default" speed
> specified by the processor. As least not in BIOS version 1002 and
> 1003.
> I really think Asus should do something about this in the next BOIS
> version,
> since a lot of people would like to underclock pundit systems to lower
> the temp/noise.

on Asus FTP (ftp.asuscom.de) has new Beta bios 1004.r5 (or something like
that), i have tried to flash that to mine barebone and Asus Update software
says something like "Checksum error", so i cannot update my bios to that
one, does somebody know what new is in that bios?
Has anyone flashed that with success?