A7N8X-Deluxe KVM problem

Kaare

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004

Hi..

I've been using the motherboard (A7N8X-deluxe, bios 1006, xp2500,2X256MB
corsair XMS3500, winXPsp1) overclocked 200FSB X 10.5. No problem..

downgraded it to (166FSB X 11, with twinmosRAM.) New install of XP+Sp1.
Newest Nvidia chipsetDrivers, Newest Asus displaydriver(ati).

problem:
when I use the KVM switch to change to the other machine and back
again, the mouse does not work (ps2 mouse & keyboard) keyboard works fine.
| other end of kvm is P5A, K6-2 350, 128Ram XPsp1.Never had any
problem with this though.

Does anyone know why my mouse disapear when i switch, and what to do about
it.

Thanks.

Kaare

Dino

we have had this discussion previously..alot of people with this board have
KVM issues...I get a no keyboard error. There was no answer that we could
find so far.

dino wrote:

> we have had this discussion previously..alot of people with this board have
> KVM issues...I get a no keyboard error. There was no answer that we could
> find so far.

Hi

I too occasionally I get the mouse not working on my second pc, either a
few switching back and forth (2x SHIFT SCROLL LOCK) or sometimes just
unplug and replug the mouse cable USB portion( I use a usb mouse with a
ps2 connection into the kvm) will work, other than that reboot :)

It aint perfect but its better than nothing.
Gordon