My computer's Cd/DVD will not open on, and the hardware is..

My computers DVD/Cd device will not open once windows has
loaded occasionally after restarting the computer several
times it will load but now it has stopped completly, also
tried to go on my computer and eject from there but the
icon wasn't there.

Synuous wrote:
> My computers DVD/Cd device will not open once windows has
> loaded occasionally after restarting the computer several
> times it will load but now it has stopped completly, also
> tried to go on my computer and eject from there but the
> icon wasn't there.

Do NOT be afraid of the registry hack here.
It is SAFE and has helped MANY people.
Respect the registry, don't fear it.

1) Log on with Administrative Privileges

2) Open the Registry Editor:
a) Go to Start then select Run.
b) Type regedit and click OK.

3) Backup you registry by:
a) Highlight My Computer by clicking on it once.
b) Click File (Windows XP) or Registry (Windows 2000), then Export
Registry File.
c) Select export range All; to ensure your entire registry is backed up
completely.
d) Select where you would like to save this backup, name the File, and
Click on the SAVE button.

4) Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values:
a) Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
b) Highlight this key by left clicking on it once.
c) On the right hand side delete the values Upperfilters and Lowerfilters.

5) Restart your computer.

Or try this:

http://www.dougknox.com/

Select 'Windows Utilities' and scroll down to 'Restore CD/DVD drives to
Windows Explorer.'
Perhaps his utility will do the trick. =)

--
<- Shenan ->