P5AD2 Overclocking

Jonathan

System

P4 560 3.6 Ghz [LGA] Stock Cooling
Asus P5AD2 Premium
Corsair 1Gb 5400Pro (2x512)
Sapphire X800XT
Twin 74Gb Raptors (Raid 0 on Southbridge)
Lian Li V Series Case (Two 120mm Fans)
Sony DVDWR & CDWR/DVD

CPU Lock Free Problem...

I have got the 1006 bios flashed and can run the chip at 1066 (3.7Ghz) and
the ram at 533 etc. The problem is when I do this my Raptors (Raid Array)
dissapear. I have tried to O/C manually [I had previously selected the
1066/533 profile in the bios] and lock the PCI express to 100 and PCI bus to
33.3 but it does not seem to make a difference.

Also a bit of a note, after I have tried to O/C and lost the raptors and
revert back, the raptor appear back on the post screen but are still missing
within the bios under boot device. I have to resore the bios defaults to get
them to appear

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jonathan (Nottinghamshire, UK)

This is a bug that this board has. when you enable OC it disableds the
Intel SerialATA controller. although the other IDE & SATA controllers
work fine.

Contact Asus about this, the more complaints they get the better the
chance they will fix this.