VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)

can my VIA AC'97 sound device have a 5.1 surround sound
speaker system?

Casper

If the AC'97 does not have 5.1 support, it won't sound any better! Check
with the motherboard manufacturer as to whether it has 5.1 or not. If not
and you do want better audio, then purchase a separate sound card, disable
the onboard audio in the BIOS before installing.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com