TFC1.5 - whats the newest update?

Last response: in Video Games
August 12, 2004 5:01:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I just reinstalled half-life, then downloaded the update 1.1.1.0.
When I try to enter TFC, it tells me that my update is out of date,
then it tells me it will search for a new one. After doing that for a
few seconds, a message came up saying once again "1.1.1.0 is out of
date and there are no newer updates".

Is TFC totally gone now? Or is there somethin newer than 1.1.1.0? I
mean wtf, if there's no newer update, then why can't people just run
servers using vs. 1.1.1.0??
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 6:23:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Yeah, just download steam. Its way better than the old Won system anyways
; )

> Is TFC totally gone now? Or is there somethin newer than 1.1.1.0? I
> mean wtf, if there's no newer update, then why can't people just run
> servers using vs. 1.1.1.0??

---
August 29, 2004 7:32:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Oh what has half-life 2 got that the old one hasn't then ??? when is hl2 out
???

Rich

<snip>

> I encountered the same problem and have no idea how to fix it. I decided
> to just leave it until Half-life2 since I'll get a new key then.
>
> --
> "Shooting barrels has never been so much fun!"
Related resources
August 29, 2004 9:37:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Hmmmmm looks good !!!!!
So its a contiuation of HL so it should just follow on also I presume once I
get a copy of HL2 with the cd key I can then register the copy on my steam
account and start playing TFC online through Steam ??

Rich
August 29, 2004 11:05:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.tfclassic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Rich proclaimed...

> Hmmmmm looks good !!!!!

Yup.

> So its a contiuation of HL so it should just follow on also I presume once I
> get a copy of HL2 with the cd key I can then register the copy on my steam
> account and start playing TFC online through Steam ??

That I'm not sure of. From a personal point of view Half-life2 will
allow me to play Half-life2 (obviously) and CS:Source instead of the old
fashioned CS.

From your point of view I'm not sure what it will allow. It may not
allow TFC at all, even though it should. However if TFC doesn't get
ported with the Source engine after Half-life2's released I'll be very
surprised.

--
"I stole, and then I lied."
"Just because you asked me to."