Microsoft Keyboard F Lock Default

Hey, Does anyone know how to change the default F Lock
Function of a MS Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard (1.0A) from
off to on? This simple key is very annoying to use, as
the function keys are unable to be accessed without first
turning that on.
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft keyboard lock default

    Hi,

    Visit this website http://www.mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html It has information
    and gives you instructions on how to change the F Lock key behaviour after
    Windows has loaded.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "orr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey, Does anyone know how to change the default F Lock
    > Function of a MS Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard (1.0A) from
    > off to on? This simple key is very annoying to use, as
    > the function keys are unable to be accessed without first
    > turning that on.

    See if the information at my F Lock key website helps you.
    http://mvps.org/jtsang/flock.html

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "orr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey, Does anyone know how to change the default F Lock
    > Function of a MS Wireless MultiMedia Keyboard (1.0A) from
    > off to on? This simple key is very annoying to use, as
    > the function keys are unable to be accessed without first
    > turning that on.
  3. Okay this F Lock key really is unacceptable in my opinion, but here I am with the best fix that I know of. Surprisingly no one I've seen has suggested this yet. Everyone says that this is pretty much impossible because there is no possible way for software to access the functions of this key. This tells me that the key is in no way tied to the computer, only to the keyboard, but I am willing to mod the keyboard because of how annoying it is. So I got to thinking should I disassemble it and figure it out? Then it hit me, I don't need to disassemble it I can simply hold down the button. Since it is not a "key" depending on how the button works it might just work. Well it does work. If you hold the button down no matter what happens the keyboard will power up with the F Lock on. It will come up from being shut down with it on, and it will wake up from sleep with it on. So grab a toothpick and jam it in there to hold the button down always and the problem is "somewhat" solved. Sorry you still have to toggle it off to access PrtScn and Pause Break or else map those keys to some other keys on the board, but for my purposes this solves 98% of the problem. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. I'm still trying to think of a less unsightly way to keep the key pressed but that part is up to you.

Default Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP