I just performed a repair install on XP a couple of weeks
ago, and I have a second hard drive for all of my gaming
stuff. After the install, everything on my primary hard
disk was working as it should be, but my secondary hard
disk (which was not touched in any way by me) is now
recognized as RAW. How do I recover this without
formatting it and re-installing more than 30 gigabytes'
worth of software?

Help is appreciated :)

Joe Repasky

see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

"Joe Repasky" <bigg_cheese@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I just performed a repair install on XP a couple of weeks
| ago, and I have a second hard drive for all of my gaming
| stuff. After the install, everything on my primary hard
| disk was working as it should be, but my secondary hard
| disk (which was not touched in any way by me) is now
| recognized as RAW. How do I recover this without
| formatting it and re-installing more than 30 gigabytes'
| worth of software?
|
| Help is appreciated :)
|
| Joe Repasky

When the drive/partition is seen as RAW, there is no file system - hence no
folders or files to take ownership of!

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

> "Joe Repasky" <bigg_cheese@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | I just performed a repair install on XP a couple of weeks
> | ago, and I have a second hard drive for all of my gaming
> | stuff. After the install, everything on my primary hard
> | disk was working as it should be, but my secondary hard
> | disk (which was not touched in any way by me) is now
> | recognized as RAW. How do I recover this without
> | formatting it and re-installing more than 30 gigabytes'
> | worth of software?
> |
> | Help is appreciated :)
> |
> | Joe Repasky

You need a file recovery program. You need free hard drive space on another
drive equal to the size of the amount of files on the RAW drive.

I use EasyRecovery Professional from
http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/ . It's expensive, but I
found out that with file recovery, you definitely get what you pay for. This
program has "consistently" been able to recover files that were not even
SEEN by some of the free programs.

--
Regards:

Richard Urban