When can we expect the Asus 925XE boards? (1066 bus speed)

This newsgroup seems to be in a trance, as if the 925XE won't arrive for years.
I'm asking a basic question.

When can we expect the Asus 925XE boards? (1066 bus speed) I know it's soon,
but is there an Asus roadmap?

Paul

Splendid

Caecina wrote:
> This newsgroup seems to be in a trance, as if the 925XE won't arrive for years.
> I'm asking a basic question.
>
> When can we expect the Asus 925XE boards? (1066 bus speed) I know it's soon,
> but is there an Asus roadmap?

Maybe we don't know anything ?

Anandtech, in a previous article, says the paper launch of 925XE is
"second week of October". Many people in the industry, privy to the
information, will be under NDA not to discuss it until the appointed
hour. And, boards cannot ship until Intel launches.

Intel itself, has already "pre-announced" 925XE, by placing information
about two new 925XE boards on the Intel web site. The Inquirer found the
PDF documents, but they were soon removed from the Intel site. In a way,
this is a sly method of ensuring the motherboard industry rushes the
product to market with no delay.

If you have been watching this newsgroup, the uptake of 915/925 boards
is nowhere near the normal levels for a launch. In a normal business,
you might delay the launch of a new product, to try and recoupe the
engineering costs, but that simply isn't possible with motherboards.
Once the chipset is officially announced, the flood gates open, and
the motherboard manufacturer who is late to market, is the loser. Best
case, that would suggest we could be as little as a month from
seeing boards.

On the other hand, the chipset could have problems. With this launch,
there should be virtually zero risk, unless Intel has undertaken a
technology change or chosen to incorporate extra functionality. Based
on the available articles on the web, it would seem this is a drop-in
replacement for the existing chipset, so again, there is little chance
of screwups, unless maybe they move to 90nm to do the chipset or
something.

So, my guess is, you'll have your answer soon. If something doesn't
appear in the web media within the next two weeks - buy AMD !

HTH,
Paul

>So, my guess is, you'll have your answer soon. If something doesn't
>appear in the web media within the next two weeks - buy AMD !
>
>HTH,
> Paul

Informative post. I appreciate it.

I must say, the computer industry is rather annoying. I'm looking to build a
new computer, but am leery of buying into dated hardware. If I buy a non-925XE
board now, I'm tied to the 800 MHz bus speed processors.