My CPU has been changed?

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Hi. I've just recently installed a updated BIOS driver for my MIS KT4V Motherboard and I've just noticed under the System Information tool that my CPU has changed from a AMD Athlon XP 2700+ (2.17Ghz) to a AMD Athlon XP 1500+ (1.3Ghz). I'm not sure why this has come about but if anyone has any ideas, that would be a great help.

Simon.

A professional, or a very knowledgeable computer hobbyist, would know that
you have to reconfigure the bios after you flash it to a newer version (-:

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I've just recently installed a updated BIOS driver for my MIS KT4V
> Motherboard and I've just noticed under the System Information tool that
> my CPU has changed from a AMD Athlon XP 2700+ (2.17Ghz) to a AMD Athlon XP
> 1500+ (1.3Ghz). I'm not sure why this has come about but if anyone has any
> ideas, that would be a great help.
>
> Simon.

Most BIOSes default to very conservative (read: slow) settings of CPU
clock and multiplier when updated. You almost certainly have to use
your BIOS setup (watch the bootup screen to see which key to hit,
though it's usually <Del>) to set the correct parameters, at which
point XP will pick up the correct info again. Exactly what the correct
settings are, you will have to look up - the product of Clock and
Multiplier will be 2.17 GHz.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 05:03:01 -0700, "Simon"
<Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi. I've just recently installed a updated BIOS driver for my MIS KT4V Motherboard and I've just noticed under the System Information tool that my CPU has changed from a AMD Athlon XP 2700+ (2.17Ghz) to a AMD Athlon XP 1500+ (1.3Ghz). I'm not sure why this has come about but if anyone has any ideas, that would be a great help.
>
>Simon.

Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
Peter R. Fletcher

Im sure someone else will give you a more precise answer, but it comes down
to this that your bios upgrade caused the frontside buss speed to be 100
instead of 133. I might be wrong with the exact figures or even the bus
mentioned. But some number was lower than it used to be, you simply have to
adjust that in the bios settings

Gerard

(had the same problem and wondered for weeks if i indeed remembered well
that i had a fast cpu)