Cannot make a simple network.

Hello. I am out of ideas on how to make my network work. Here is the layout.

Wireless router connected to a cable modem. Comp 1 running XP Home SP2
connected to the router via network cable. Comp 2 connected by wireless card
running XP home SP 2. I tried the home networking wizard and still nothing.
Please, if possible, give me step by step instructions on how these computers
can see each other and share a printer. WHen trying to view network I get a
MSHOME home error saying it is not accessible. Please help.

Thanks
RJP

try here:

http://www.ezlan.net/

mike

"RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I am out of ideas on how to make my network work. Here is the
layout.

> Wireless router connected to a cable modem. Comp 1 running XP Home SP2
> connected to the router via network cable. Comp 2 connected by wireless
card
> running XP home SP 2. I tried the home networking wizard and still
nothing.
> Please, if possible, give me step by step instructions on how these
computers
> can see each other and share a printer. WHen trying to view network I get
> MSHOME home error saying it is not accessible. Please help.
>
> Thanks
> RJP

Ok. I kinda made some progress. That site helped me with some things. I
can now see the computer I am using in My network places, along with my
shared folders. However I cannot see the other computer. What should I try
next? Thanks
RJP

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> try here:
>
> http://www.ezlan.net/
>
> mike
>
> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I am out of ideas on how to make my network work. Here is the
> layout.
> >
> > Wireless router connected to a cable modem. Comp 1 running XP Home SP2
> > connected to the router via network cable. Comp 2 connected by wireless
> card
> > running XP home SP 2. I tried the home networking wizard and still
> nothing.
> > Please, if possible, give me step by step instructions on how these
> computers
> > can see each other and share a printer. WHen trying to view network I get
> > MSHOME home error saying it is not accessible. Please help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > RJP

good you made progress

try here now:

http://www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

> Ok. I kinda made some progress. That site helped me with some things. I
> can now see the computer I am using in My network places, along with my
> shared folders. However I cannot see the other computer. What should I
try
> next? Thanks
> RJP
>
> "mikeFNB" wrote:
>
> > try here:
> >
> > http://www.ezlan.net/
> >
> > mike
> >
> > "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello. I am out of ideas on how to make my network work. Here is the
> > layout.
> > >
> > > Wireless router connected to a cable modem. Comp 1 running XP Home
SP2
> > > connected to the router via network cable. Comp 2 connected by
wireless
> > card
> > > running XP home SP 2. I tried the home networking wizard and still
> > nothing.
> > > Please, if possible, give me step by step instructions on how these
> > computers
> > > can see each other and share a printer. WHen trying to view network I
get
> > > MSHOME home error saying it is not accessible. Please help.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > RJP

Hello. I looked at that site and I didn't see anything that pertained to my
problem. My problem is both my computers, which are network, can see
themselves in My network places but cannot see each other. What should I do?
Thanks

RJP

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> good you made progress
>
> try here now:
>
> http://www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm
>
> mike
>
> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok. I kinda made some progress. That site helped me with some things. I
> > can now see the computer I am using in My network places, along with my
> > shared folders. However I cannot see the other computer. What should I
> try
> > next? Thanks
> > RJP
> >
> > "mikeFNB" wrote:
> >
> > > try here:
> > >
> > > http://www.ezlan.net/
> > >
> > > mike
> > >
> > > "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > layout.

> SP2
> wireless
> > > card
> > > nothing.
> > > computers
> get

You should follow the steps at www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm on each PC.

If you skip steps or take shortcuts, don't expect it to work.

Carey

> Hello. I looked at that site and I didn't see anything that pertained to
> my
> problem. My problem is both my computers, which are network, can see
> themselves in My network places but cannot see each other. What should I
> do?
> Thanks
>
> RJP
>
> "mikeFNB" wrote:
>
>> good you made progress
>>
>> try here now:
>>
>> http://www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm
>>
>> mike
>>
>> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok. I kinda made some progress. That site helped me with some things.
>> > can now see the computer I am using in My network places, along with my
>> > shared folders. However I cannot see the other computer. What should
>> try
>> > next? Thanks
>> > RJP

>> SP2
>> wireless
>> get

Hello. I made some progress. The computer that is hard-wired into the
router can see the other computer, but when clicked on it says it is not
accessible. The computer that is wireless cannot see the other computer at
all but can see its own files. When I try to view workgroup computers I get
a MSHOME is not accessible. What can I do? I need this computers to be
networked asap. Thanks for any help. RJP

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> You should follow the steps at www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm on each PC.
>
> If you skip steps or take shortcuts, don't expect it to work.
>
> Carey
>
> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I looked at that site and I didn't see anything that pertained to
> > my
> > problem. My problem is both my computers, which are network, can see
> > themselves in My network places but cannot see each other. What should I
> > do?
> > Thanks
> >
> > RJP
> >
> > "mikeFNB" wrote:
> >
> >> good you made progress
> >>
> >> try here now:
> >>
> >> http://www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm
> >>
> >> mike
> >>
> >> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> try

> >> SP2
> >> wireless
> >> get

Please visit http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm to resolve this problem.

Carey

> Hello. I made some progress. The computer that is hard-wired into the
> router can see the other computer, but when clicked on it says it is not
> accessible. The computer that is wireless cannot see the other computer
> at
> all but can see its own files. When I try to view workgroup computers I
> get
> a MSHOME is not accessible. What can I do? I need this computers to be
> networked asap. Thanks for any help. RJP
>
> "Carey Holzman" wrote:
>
>> You should follow the steps at www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm on each PC.
>>
>> If you skip steps or take shortcuts, don't expect it to work.
>>
>> Carey
>>
>> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello. I looked at that site and I didn't see anything that pertained
>> > my
>> > problem. My problem is both my computers, which are network, can see
>> > themselves in My network places but cannot see each other. What should
>> > do?
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > RJP

Hello. I have tried everything. Still nothing. My PC can see the laptop
and itself but cannot access the laptop. The laptop can not see its shared
files anymore and when clicking on "view network computers" i get the not
accessible errror. What's wrong?

RJP

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> Please visit http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm to resolve this problem.
>
> Carey
>
> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. I made some progress. The computer that is hard-wired into the
> > router can see the other computer, but when clicked on it says it is not
> > accessible. The computer that is wireless cannot see the other computer
> > at
> > all but can see its own files. When I try to view workgroup computers I
> > get
> > a MSHOME is not accessible. What can I do? I need this computers to be
> > networked asap. Thanks for any help. RJP
> >
> > "Carey Holzman" wrote:
> >
> >> You should follow the steps at www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm on each PC.
> >>
> >> If you skip steps or take shortcuts, don't expect it to work.
> >>
> >> Carey
> >>
> >> "RJP" <RJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Please contact me in email to discuss this is a more efficient manner.

Carey@careyholzman.com