Apple Announces Plan for What It Will Do With $100 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]kodekov[/nom]No buying Fox-Conn?No Philanthropy?Same old Apple..[/citation]

Or they could create manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Yet they still choose maximum profit margins instead of creating jobs for a country that needs it...

[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]$2,65/share? geez, apple cheap much?[/citation]
LOL, looks like Tim Cook is keeping most of it for his bonus. Just look at that smile.
[citation][nom]kodekov[/nom]...No Philanthropy?..[/citation]
Nope. It doesn't pay dividends, so......no.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
[citation][nom]alxianthelast[/nom]Foxconn employees continue to weep.[/citation]

Now now...

Apple is providing a 10 year old with a job with a job and pays him a salary of $2 a week.

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Yeah, how about you give some of that 100 billion to at the very least improve Fox-Conn working conditions, or give those people meaningful bonuses?

G

They should at least spend a dollar to install more anti suicide nets at Foxconn

homiedontrightclick

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
I love Apple products, but I would love a completely made in America type company to come along and crush Apple so all that money would stay here at home. I'm not holding my breath though. I don't see any other companies being able to rival the creativeness or design of Apple for a while. Its sort of annoying.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Nice way to say we will purchase back stock in order to keep the value up and bribe the other share holders to keep their shares with dividend so the value wont go back there either as we expect our competition to eat market shares steadily in our two core markets (tablets and phones).

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

It's not just that, but the cost to manufacture something electronic in America makes it prohibitive. You could sell it for the same price but the profit margin would be nil.

[citation][nom]GreaseMonkey_62[/nom]It's not just that, but the cost to manufacture something electronic in America makes it prohibitive. You could sell it for the same price but the profit margin would be nil.[/citation]

Yet Intel has 7 of its 12 (soon to be 8 of 13) FABs here in the US. Only the CPUs packaging happens in another country but they still provide thousands of high paying jobs to engineers, FAB employees and more.

Its not as bad as people make it sound. Apple just wants to maximize profits instead.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]alxianthelast[/nom]Foxconn employees continue to weep.[/citation]

LOL, true, true.

Why doesn't Apple spend the money on building a plant in the US and give Americans some jobs. They are the ones buy the products.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
The latest rumor I read on www.modmyi.com is that they were going to invest the money in a patent for suicide nets and install more nets at their factories.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]GreaseMonkey_62[/nom]It's not just that, but the cost to manufacture something electronic in America makes it prohibitive. You could sell it for the same price but the profit margin would be nil.[/citation]

that is not true at all. the difference is instead of apple making 50 billion, it would only make 30 billion...
out sourcing isnt about cost, but about the 1% getting even more rich

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Spend the whole 100 Billion on opening manufacturing plants in the USA and get your 35 million unemployed working again. China would collapse overnight. I haven't the slightest idea in the world, why Apple wouldn't do this, let alone, people who actually spend money on their products

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm a bit of an Apple hater, but for once I agree with something they are doing. If I was running the company I'd do the same thing. Almost makes me wish that I owned some APPL stock, but at least without it I can sleep at night.

keczapifrytki

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]Apple doesn't own foxconn, shut up about it. It's not their problem, it's the chinese governments.[/citation]

This is a convenient excuse they use " We don't own it, so it's not our problem."
Unfortunately, by doing business with slave owners you support and encourage them. Apple has so much money, and influence that they could force FoxConn into improving working conditions so that they resemble what we have in the west. Or move those jobs here, if they do not want the negative attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.