P5GDC Deluxe - no audio!!??

I am running XP Professional with Service Pack 2.

When I run the C-Media driver from the Asus cd, i get an error:

"Device doesn't exist or maybe removed by manually. Please plug in device or
reboot and try install again."
(...no, it's not MY english that is bad. That _is_ what the error says.) :)

Any ideas? Thanks...
Jespersen

I am having the same exact problem. Please let me know if you find an
answer! Thanks...

"Jespersen" <jeppe.jespersen@gmail.com> wrote in

> I am running XP Professional with Service Pack 2.
>
> When I run the C-Media driver from the Asus cd, i get an error:
>
> "Device doesn't exist or maybe removed by manually. Please plug in
> device or reboot and try install again."
> (...no, it's not MY english that is bad. That _is_ what the error
> says.) :)
>
> Any ideas? Thanks...
> Jespersen

I had the same problem - go to Asus website and install new C-media
drivers. Try the newest drivers first, I had to use the older drivers from
the site.

Mike