new cartridges causing problems

I have an Epson C82. After replacing my magenta cartridge, magenta
would not print. Cleaning print nozzles didn't help. I got by for a
few days, Then ran out of ink and had to replace my black cartridge.
I did ... and that stopped working. Cleaning print nozzle didn't work.
I Used official Epson replacements. Did I just get two bad
cartridges (I did buy them at the same time and same place). Or could
it be something else? Thank you.

Tom Nowak

On 2 May 2004 16:49:11 -0700, twnowak@comcast.net (Tom Nowak) wrote:

>I have an Epson C82. After replacing my magenta cartridge, magenta
>would not print. Cleaning print nozzles didn't help. I got by for a
>few days, Then ran out of ink and had to replace my black cartridge.
>I did ... and that stopped working. Cleaning print nozzle didn't work.
> I Used official Epson replacements. Did I just get two bad
>cartridges (I did buy them at the same time and same place). Or could
>it be something else? Thank you.

Could be air bubble trapped between the tank and the nozzles?
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

Douglas

My Epson 960 just did the same,also with the magenta cartridge.It also will
not clear! I tried the Windex and no go.My warranty ran out a week ago.Epson
support says sorry!My magenta has the same nozzle patern after 20
cleanings.I don't think THIS can be an air bubble!

In article <a2e9a00c.0405021549.97e0cf2@posting.google.com>,
twnowak@comcast.net says...
> I have an Epson C82. After replacing my magenta cartridge, magenta
> would not print. Cleaning print nozzles didn't help. I got by for a
> few days, Then ran out of ink and had to replace my black cartridge.
> I did ... and that stopped working. Cleaning print nozzle didn't work.
> I Used official Epson replacements. Did I just get two bad
> cartridges (I did buy them at the same time and same place). Or could
> it be something else? Thank you.

You did remember to remove any tape covering the breather holes on the
cartridge?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross