new cartridges causing problems

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 2, 2004 8:49:11 PM

I have an Epson C82. After replacing my magenta cartridge, magenta
would not print. Cleaning print nozzles didn't help. I got by for a
few days, Then ran out of ink and had to replace my black cartridge.
I did ... and that stopped working. Cleaning print nozzle didn't work.
I Used official Epson replacements. Did I just get two bad
cartridges (I did buy them at the same time and same place). Or could
it be something else? Thank you.

Tom Nowak
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 12:48:27 AM

On 2 May 2004 16:49:11 -0700, twnowak@comcast.net (Tom Nowak) wrote:

>I have an Epson C82. After replacing my magenta cartridge, magenta
>would not print. Cleaning print nozzles didn't help. I got by for a
>few days, Then ran out of ink and had to replace my black cartridge.
>I did ... and that stopped working. Cleaning print nozzle didn't work.
> I Used official Epson replacements. Did I just get two bad
>cartridges (I did buy them at the same time and same place). Or could
>it be something else? Thank you.

Could be air bubble trapped between the tank and the nozzles?
--
To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net
May 3, 2004 1:08:09 AM

My Epson 960 just did the same,also with the magenta cartridge.It also will
not clear! I tried the Windex and no go.My warranty ran out a week ago.Epson
support says sorry!My magenta has the same nozzle patern after 20
cleanings.I don't think THIS can be an air bubble!
"Tom Nowak" <twnowak@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have an Epson C82. After replacing my magenta cartridge, magenta
> would not print. Cleaning print nozzles didn't help. I got by for a
> few days, Then ran out of ink and had to replace my black cartridge.
> I did ... and that stopped working. Cleaning print nozzle didn't work.
> I Used official Epson replacements. Did I just get two bad
> cartridges (I did buy them at the same time and same place). Or could
> it be something else? Thank you.
>
> Tom Nowak
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 12:04:16 PM

In article <a2e9a00c.0405021549.97e0cf2@posting.google.com>,
twnowak@comcast.net says...
> I have an Epson C82. After replacing my magenta cartridge, magenta
> would not print. Cleaning print nozzles didn't help. I got by for a
> few days, Then ran out of ink and had to replace my black cartridge.
> I did ... and that stopped working. Cleaning print nozzle didn't work.
> I Used official Epson replacements. Did I just get two bad
> cartridges (I did buy them at the same time and same place). Or could
> it be something else? Thank you.

You did remember to remove any tape covering the breather holes on the
cartridge?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
!