A7V8X-X and Soundblaster Live!

Hi,

I want to use a SoundBlaster Live! PCI card with my
A7V8X-X mainboard. But I can't.
When installing Windows XP Pro (slipstreamed SP2) the setup
locks up after a couple of minutes.
So I installed without the soundcard. When adding the
card now, Windows locks up after telling me that it
discoverd new hardware.

What I tried:
- Changing PCI-slots.
- Disabling on-board sound in the BIOS
- Flashing the mainboard to te newest firmware.

Any ideas?

TIA

Bert

Try the card in a different slot.