New Seagate Barracuda HD- UDMA or SATA

I am going to get a new Seagate Barracuda 160 and am not sure whether
to stick with UDMA (with rounded cables) or get a SATA drive. Iam
using an ASUS P4PE (which has a Promise PDC20376) which can use
either. I don't need any extra speed just reliability. What would
people recommend

"John Benson" <jbenson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I am going to get a new Seagate Barracuda 160 and am not sure whether
> to stick with UDMA (with rounded cables) or get a SATA drive. Iam
> using an ASUS P4PE (which has a Promise PDC20376) which can use
> either. I don't need any extra speed just reliability. What would
> people recommend

I've been using a single SATA on the Promise controller on a K8V Deluxe
since spring with no problems. The only problem I had was the lack of a XP64
driver but that wouldn't be a consideration for your system. I wasn't
impressed with the SATA cable connectors initially. They seemed flimsy
compared to the older ribbon cable connector. I've been in and out of the
case more than a few times and I haven't broke them so I guess they do the
job. As far as reliability, the drive mechanics are probably the same, the
interface is just different, so the mechanical reliability should be the
same for both.

For future considerations, I think the SATA has more potential (larger
capacity, faster speed) then the PATA which I understand is at it's limit.