Unable to complete format - Ext HD

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I have an 80gb external HD from Media to Go (Seagate). It started giving me an I/O transfer error when movng large amounts of data. I thought maybe it needed to be reformatted. After deleting the partition, using Disk Manager, the formatting process fails with an Unable to Complete Formatting error when reaching 100%.

This result has occurred with two separate XP computers, one Pro the other Home. I am simply trying to create one formatted NTFS partition so that this drive will work..

HELP!!

This is probably a problem with XP itself, you should try contacting Microsoft and/or Seagate about this, or download drivers for it.