MEMORY AND GIGS

June 27, 2004 3:29:20 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me.....It seems that
everyday, the free space on my C drive is slowly
depleting itself. I used to have 4 gigs of free space
about 2 weeks ago, and now it's down to 2 gigs. I
haven't been downloading anything. It just goes lower and
lower. What can be causing this??? I did a virus scan,
and there are no viruses found in my computer. please
help.
thanks

More about : memory gigs

Anonymous
a b } Memory
June 27, 2004 6:52:31 PM

DAVID wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can help me.....It seems that
> everyday, the free space on my C drive is slowly
> depleting itself. I used to have 4 gigs of free space
> about 2 weeks ago, and now it's down to 2 gigs. I
> haven't been downloading anything. It just goes lower and
> lower. What can be causing this??? I did a virus scan,
> and there are no viruses found in my computer. please
> help.
> thanks

Causes include: creating files, reading mail, reading NGs,
apps adding to log files, OS taking more system restore points,
OS increasing size of VM, and lots of other normal events.

IMHO, if you're down to your last few GB of disk space, you are
ready for a bigger HD or a smaller OS.
--
Cheers, Bob
Anonymous

"DAVID" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm hoping someone can help me.....It seems that
| everyday, the free space on my C drive is slowly
| depleting itself. I used to have 4 gigs of free space
| about 2 weeks ago, and now it's down to 2 gigs. I
| haven't been downloading anything. It just goes lower and
| lower. What can be causing this??? I did a virus scan,
| and there are no viruses found in my computer. please
| help.
| thanks

SequoiaView is an excellent free (and clean) utility to track down
mysterious missing drive space.

It provides a one window graphical representation of which files are taking
up how much space where on a drive, often tracking down files that Windows
is reluctant to reveal.

http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

(I should add that it's fun too) :-)

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.