MEMORY AND GIGS

I'm hoping someone can help me.....It seems that
everyday, the free space on my C drive is slowly
depleting itself. I used to have 4 gigs of free space
about 2 weeks ago, and now it's down to 2 gigs. I
haven't been downloading anything. It just goes lower and
lower. What can be causing this??? I did a virus scan,
and there are no viruses found in my computer. please
help.
thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about memory gigs

    DAVID wrote:
    > I'm hoping someone can help me.....It seems that
    > everyday, the free space on my C drive is slowly
    > depleting itself. I used to have 4 gigs of free space
    > about 2 weeks ago, and now it's down to 2 gigs. I
    > haven't been downloading anything. It just goes lower and
    > lower. What can be causing this??? I did a virus scan,
    > and there are no viruses found in my computer. please
    > help.
    > thanks

    Causes include: creating files, reading mail, reading NGs,
    apps adding to log files, OS taking more system restore points,
    OS increasing size of VM, and lots of other normal events.

    IMHO, if you're down to your last few GB of disk space, you are
    ready for a bigger HD or a smaller OS.
    --
    Cheers, Bob

    "DAVID" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I'm hoping someone can help me.....It seems that
    | everyday, the free space on my C drive is slowly
    | depleting itself. I used to have 4 gigs of free space
    | about 2 weeks ago, and now it's down to 2 gigs. I
    | haven't been downloading anything. It just goes lower and
    | lower. What can be causing this??? I did a virus scan,
    | and there are no viruses found in my computer. please
    | help.
    | thanks

    SequoiaView is an excellent free (and clean) utility to track down
    mysterious missing drive space.

    It provides a one window graphical representation of which files are taking
    up how much space where on a drive, often tracking down files that Windows
    is reluctant to reveal.

    http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

    (I should add that it's fun too) :-)

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Have you run Disk Cleanup?

    "DAVID" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm hoping someone can help me.....It seems that
    > everyday, the free space on my C drive is slowly
    > depleting itself. I used to have 4 gigs of free space
    > about 2 weeks ago, and now it's down to 2 gigs. I
    > haven't been downloading anything. It just goes lower and
    > lower. What can be causing this??? I did a virus scan,
    > and there are no viruses found in my computer. please
    > help.
    > thanks

Free Space Memory Windows XP