Problems when using two monitors with XP, ATI vid card

this might not belong in the hardware section, but i need an answer.
my problem is that i have an Asus video card, with ATI software or something, and it has dual vga out. i have the two monitors in and they work, but i have a problem with the Windows XP extended desktop mode. apparently this mode does not support an extended toolbar. my toolbar only appears on the first monitor, which can be quite annoying. i have friends with dual vga out vid cards and Windows 2000 installed and their toolbars are fully functional and extend to the second monitor. does anybody know how to make this work with XP?

dl

Using Win2k and either ATI or Nvidea dual monitor cards you can get a cloned
display with toolbar on both or extended desktop with tool bar on one. The
two modes are entirely different

"Rob Edwards" <Rob Edwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this might not belong in the hardware section, but i need an answer.
> my problem is that i have an Asus video card, with ATI software or
something, and it has dual vga out. i have the two monitors in and they
work, but i have a problem with the Windows XP extended desktop mode.
apparently this mode does not support an extended toolbar. my toolbar only
appears on the first monitor, which can be quite annoying. i have friends
with dual vga out vid cards and Windows 2000 installed and their toolbars
are fully functional and extend to the second monitor. does anybody know how
to make this work with XP?

dl

On the assumption you have correctly installed the drivers for yr Card there
is usually a Display Icon running on the task bar, you open this to adjust
yr settings
ATI uses Hydrovision for dual displays, Nvidia I dont believe has any
special name