P4C800 Deluxe & SATA Raid 0

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2004 4:30:54 AM

I have the P4C800 Deluxe motherboard, with an adaptec 1200A Raid controller,
that the 2nd hard drive is dying. I want to replace this with a SATA Raid
configuration. Question is, should I use the promise raid controller on the
board, or buy an adaptec SATA Raid card? Which would make the array faster?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 11, 2004 5:15:05 PM

Use the Intel ICH5 on the Board. Its faster than the Promise.

!