How do I enable USB 2.0?

June 28, 2004 12:00:17 AM

For some reason I can't get USB 2.0 ports on my
motherboard (Intel D875PBZ) that supposed to have eight of
them to work in USB 2.0 environment. I do have "enhanced"
beside one of the ports but I would like to have all of
them as a USB 2.0. once I plug my Maxtor HD to it shows me
some message about USB 2.0 device being plugged into a USB
1.1 port.
Can someone help me with this?
Regards, Sam

More about : enable usb

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 1:05:52 AM

splawik wrote:
> For some reason I can't get USB 2.0 ports on my
> motherboard (Intel D875PBZ) that supposed to have eight of
> them to work in USB 2.0 environment. I do have "enhanced"
> beside one of the ports but I would like to have all of
> them as a USB 2.0. once I plug my Maxtor HD to it shows me
> some message about USB 2.0 device being plugged into a USB
> 1.1 port.
> Can someone help me with this?
> Regards, Sam

Get the latest mainboard drivers and install. WinXP SP1 is required
also. You can also remove all of the USB host controllers, reboot and
see if they are enumerated as USB2.

June 28, 2004 1:05:53 AM

Thank you for the reply.
It didn't work - everything went back to USB 1.1. I do
have latest BIOS and all patches and service packs from
the Microsoft. For some reason one port is still as a USB
2.0 but the rest of them remains as a USB 1.1. That USB
2.0 I hat to force during the windows setup because
originally all of them were 1.1s. shouldn't windows pick
up the wrong drivers and replace them with the right ones.
BTW - I did enable USB2.0 in the bios.
Thanks
Sam

Related resources
June 28, 2004 2:15:57 AM

Hi Splawik,

This is just a thought. Try going to device Mgr. and updating the drivers
for each port, one-at-a-time.

HTH, JAX

"splawik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you for the reply.
> It didn't work - everything went back to USB 1.1. I do
> have latest BIOS and all patches and service packs from
> the Microsoft. For some reason one port is still as a USB
> 2.0 but the rest of them remains as a USB 1.1. That USB
> 2.0 I hat to force during the windows setup because
> originally all of them were 1.1s. shouldn't windows pick
> up the wrong drivers and replace them with the right ones.
> BTW - I did enable USB2.0 in the bios.
> Thanks
> Sam

Anonymous
June 28, 2004 3:55:22 AM

Open the BIOS and make sure that the BIOS is set to USB 2.0.

Also did you install the Intel motherboardc drivers? They
are available on the web.
see
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filt...

| splawik wrote:
| > For some reason I can't get USB 2.0 ports on my
| > motherboard (Intel D875PBZ) that supposed to have eight
of
| > them to work in USB 2.0 environment. I do have
"enhanced"
| > beside one of the ports but I would like to have all of
| > them as a USB 2.0. once I plug my Maxtor HD to it shows
me
| > some message about USB 2.0 device being plugged into a
USB
| > 1.1 port.
| > Can someone help me with this?
| > Regards, Sam
|
| Get the latest mainboard drivers and install. WinXP SP1
is required
| also. You can also remove all of the USB host
controllers, reboot and
| see if they are enumerated as USB2.

June 28, 2004 3:51:06 PM

Besides everything you have done sofar, MS had released a USB 2.0 support
patch for Windows XP SP1(a). Check on Microsoft's web site or the Windows
Catalog on how to get this file, after it was installed from WindowsUpdates.

> For some reason I can't get USB 2.0 ports on my
> motherboard (Intel D875PBZ) that supposed to have eight of
> them to work in USB 2.0 environment. I do have "enhanced"
> beside one of the ports but I would like to have all of
> them as a USB 2.0. once I plug my Maxtor HD to it shows me
> some message about USB 2.0 device being plugged into a USB
> 1.1 port.
> Can someone help me with this?
> Regards, Sam

May 8, 2009 3:10:05 AM

I just wanted to drop a line and thank you folks for helping me solve the issue I was having getting my 2.0 enabled (it wasn't enabled in BIOS).

You turned what could have been a 8 hour ipod sync into about half an hour, thanks a lot!
!