AMD Card Compatibility issue

I have installed an AMD PCNET PCI LAN card in a windows xp
professional pc and using the BNC interface. The ping
works fine for sometime & thereafter is gives hardware
error. If I just disable the interface & again enable it
the ping again starts to get reply..what could be the
problem?

Can any one tell me what all cards (with BNC interface)
are supported in Windows XP professional?

I do not believe that the BNC type of network card are supported. You will
have to check with the manufacturer of the BNC card to see if they have a XP
driver.

BNC type of network card are very old technology. They do not do 100-base-t
for they are 10-base-2.