Wireless, Optical Mouse doesn't work

June 28, 2004 10:34:26 AM

I was using a MS wireless optical mouse on a previous
Win98 machine and now have a new machine and XP but I
can't get the wireless optical mouse to work with XP. I
installed Intellipoint 5.0 thinking XP needed the new
driver but this did not work.

Does anyone have some insight as to what the problem may
be?

Thanks
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 2:44:01 PM

Have you reset both the Mouse & the wireless broadcaster?
I had the same problem, I reset the broadcaster first(where the mouse get it's signal from) then reset the mouse(a little black button on the bottom)

Try that, & maybe you will be working, if not I'm sure an MVP should be able to help

John C
--

"Brian" wrote:

> I was using a MS wireless optical mouse on a previous
> Win98 machine and now have a new machine and XP but I
> can't get the wireless optical mouse to work with XP. I
> installed Intellipoint 5.0 thinking XP needed the new
> driver but this did not work.
>
> Does anyone have some insight as to what the problem may
> be?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
June 29, 2004 4:53:27 PM

Brian wrote:

> I was using a MS wireless optical mouse on a previous
> Win98 machine and now have a new machine and XP but I
> can't get the wireless optical mouse to work with XP. I
> installed Intellipoint 5.0 thinking XP needed the new
> driver but this did not work.
>
> Does anyone have some insight as to what the problem may
> be?
>
> Thanks
If you are using the standard, white, Microsoft USB optical mouse (the
one without the side buttons, but does have the scroll wheel), do not
install any software (especially Intellipoint).

This mouse uses the same drivers as the standard Microsoft mouse. The
drivers are included in every version of Windows. With the PS/2 adapter
included, it even works with Windows 3.1.

courtney sends...
!