gareth

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001

windows xp will not let me install my digi cam or
scanner. says the drivers r missing. but ive downloaded
the drivers and got a cd for them but still nothing.
please help.

Are your USB ports known to be working correctly with other devices?

Are they on the motherboard or on a hub.... if a hub, powered or unpowered?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Gareth" <welsh_wizard_18_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> windows xp will not let me install my digi cam or
> scanner. says the drivers r missing. but ive downloaded
> the drivers and got a cd for them but still nothing.
> please help.

What happens when you just plug in the scanner or camera and start Windows?
Does the New Hardware Found Wizard come up?

"Gareth" <welsh_wizard_18_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> windows xp will not let me install my digi cam or
> scanner. says the drivers r missing. but ive downloaded
> the drivers and got a cd for them but still nothing.
> please help.

Some digicams have a transfer setting. Mine does, and I didn't need to
install anything to use it. Simply plug it into my usb port, turn it to
transfer mode, and then windows asked me how I wanted to download and name
the files etc.