digital camera and scanner

windows xp will not let me install my digi cam or
scanner. says the drivers r missing. but ive downloaded
the drivers and got a cd for them but still nothing.
please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about digital camera scanner

    Are your USB ports known to be working correctly with other devices?

    Are they on the motherboard or on a hub.... if a hub, powered or unpowered?
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Gareth" <welsh_wizard_18_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > windows xp will not let me install my digi cam or
    > scanner. says the drivers r missing. but ive downloaded
    > the drivers and got a cd for them but still nothing.
    > please help.

    What happens when you just plug in the scanner or camera and start Windows?
    Does the New Hardware Found Wizard come up?

    "Gareth" <welsh_wizard_18_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > windows xp will not let me install my digi cam or
    > scanner. says the drivers r missing. but ive downloaded
    > the drivers and got a cd for them but still nothing.
    > please help.

    Some digicams have a transfer setting. Mine does, and I didn't need to
    install anything to use it. Simply plug it into my usb port, turn it to
    transfer mode, and then windows asked me how I wanted to download and name
    the files etc.

Drivers Cameras Scanners Windows XP