hard drives

hi I had to clean up my computer I cleaned my 2 hard drives up and I only have one that is c i have 2 I want to but f back up so I can put stuff on it to how do I get my other hard drive working thanks

Did you assign a drive letter to the second hard drive?

Right click on My Computer, select Manage. On the following screen, click
on Disk Management. You should be able to see the second hard drive on the
right hand side of the screen and you can assign it a drive letter here
(provided it is partitioned and formatted).
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"renobabe" <renobabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi I had to clean up my computer I cleaned my 2 hard drives up and I only
> have one that is c i have 2 I want to but f back up so I can put stuff on
> it to how do I get my other hard drive working thanks

hi and thanks for the help ok i see the c it is ok under o the second one is disk 1 and it said unallocated ? what do i do to get it to work?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you assign a drive letter to the second hard drive?
>
> Right click on My Computer, select Manage. On the following screen, click
> on Disk Management. You should be able to see the second hard drive on the
> right hand side of the screen and you can assign it a drive letter here
> (provided it is partitioned and formatted).
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "renobabe" <renobabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi I had to clean up my computer I cleaned my 2 hard drives up and I only
> > have one that is c i have 2 I want to but f back up so I can put stuff on
> > it to how do I get my other hard drive working thanks

When you originally said 'cleaned' it, did you format it?

It's showing that at present it needs to be partitioned and formatted.....
which you can do by following the article at
http://www.webtechgeek.com/How-to-Partition-a-Hard-Drive-Windows-XP.htm
(scroll down a bit to see the article in detail)

Just a reminder, partitioning and formatting a drive will remove ALL the
data from it.