A7N8X-E Deluxe & USB2.0

Please if somebody can help before I trash it.

I've a K7N8X-E (Deluxe) MB with 2 on board USB ports 5/6 run to an extternal
header. I've tried everything but can't get them to work anything I plug in is
recognised but the drivers fail to load usual message "the drivers for this
device are not installed [Code 28]"

I've running WinXP SP2

I've tried the latest USB2 driver from the ASUS web site

I've tried pointing the install directly to the driver rather than letting
windows find it.

I've tried several different USB2 devices

I've deleted / reinstalled the offending device from Device Manager (a 100
times)

I've deleted all USB devices and controllers from Device Manager, rebooted and
let the drivers re-install.

I've pulled my hair out.

So folks any other ideas, or failing that any recomendations for a different
board that would work and let me reuse my 2800+ processor. The would need to
have on accessable onboard USB2 connectors like this one.

Any help much appreciated

Terry

Paul

Splendid

In article <ckiisu02mbn@drn.newsguy.com>, Terry Pin
<Terry_member@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Please if somebody can help before I trash it.
>
> I've a K7N8X-E (Deluxe) MB with 2 on board USB ports 5/6 run to an extternal
> header. I've tried everything but can't get them to work anything I plug in is
> recognised but the drivers fail to load usual message "the drivers for this
> device are not installed [Code 28]"
>
> I've running WinXP SP2
>
> I've tried the latest USB2 driver from the ASUS web site
>
> I've tried pointing the install directly to the driver rather than letting
> windows find it.
>
> I've tried several different USB2 devices
>
> I've deleted / reinstalled the offending device from Device Manager (a 100
> times)
>
> I've deleted all USB devices and controllers from Device Manager, rebooted and
> let the drivers re-install.
>
> I've pulled my hair out.
>
> So folks any other ideas, or failing that any recomendations for a different
> board that would work and let me reuse my 2800+ processor. The would need to
> have on accessable onboard USB2 connectors like this one.
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> Terry

Take a look around this site:

http://www.usbman.com/USB%202%20News.htm

Info is spread over a few pages, and maybe there is a solution
over there.

You could also try searching here:

http://nforcershq.com/forum/search.php

Use the "Search for keywords" box (upper of two), and click the
"Search for all terms" button, to AND the search terms together.
There is a lot of good info on Nforce2 over there.

HTH,
Paul

Thanks Paul, looks like some good info, I'll calm down and have another bash
over the weekend.

Your pointers much appreciated

Terry

In article <nospam-1310040701030001@192.168.1.177>, Paul says...

>In article <ckiisu02mbn@drn.newsguy.com>, Terry Pin
><Terry_member@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> Please if somebody can help before I trash it.
>>
>> I've a K7N8X-E (Deluxe) MB with 2 on board USB ports 5/6 run to an extternal
>>header. I've tried everything but can't get them to work anything I plug in is
>> recognised but the drivers fail to load usual message "the drivers for this
>> device are not installed [Code 28]"
>>
>> I've running WinXP SP2
>>
>> I've tried the latest USB2 driver from the ASUS web site
>>
>> I've tried pointing the install directly to the driver rather than letting
>> windows find it.
>>
>> I've tried several different USB2 devices
>>
>> I've deleted / reinstalled the offending device from Device Manager (a 100
>> times)
>>
>>I've deleted all USB devices and controllers from Device Manager, rebooted and
>> let the drivers re-install.
>>
>> I've pulled my hair out.
>>
>> So folks any other ideas, or failing that any recomendations for a different
>> board that would work and let me reuse my 2800+ processor. The would need to
>> have on accessable onboard USB2 connectors like this one.
>>
>> Any help much appreciated
>>
>> Terry
>
>Take a look around this site:
>
>http://www.usbman.com/USB%202%20News.htm
>
>Info is spread over a few pages, and maybe there is a solution
>over there.
>
>You could also try searching here:
>
>http://nforcershq.com/forum/search.php
>
>Use the "Search for keywords" box (upper of two), and click the
>"Search for all terms" button, to AND the search terms together.
>There is a lot of good info on Nforce2 over there.
>
>HTH,
> Paul

As I said I'm runnng WinXP SP2, but thanks anyway, I';ll have a look at Paul's
pointers

Terry

In article <416cfa5f$0$47989$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net>, Nero says...