p4p800-E why so few bioses?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This board still has a final bios of 1002. Is this a relatively new
board? Is this board an "update" on another motherboard like the
p4p800 vanilla, which has 18 or so bioses out at the moment? Is this
good news for its stability?

On 13-Oct-2004, eric@egypt.net wrote:

> This board still has a final bios of 1002. Is this a relatively new
> board? Is this board an "update" on another motherboard like the
> p4p800 vanilla, which has 18 or so bioses out at the moment? Is this
> good news for its stability?

I have no idea why so few BIOS's but I have one of these boards and it seems
to run fine with the 1002 BIOS. I even have a Prescott running under XP SP2
with no issues. I have not had a single issue with this board since I built
the machine a month ago. It worked 1st time out and I have not looked back

Rik

>On 13-Oct-2004, eric@egypt.net wrote:
>
>> This board still has a final bios of 1002. Is this a relatively new
>> board?

I just got one today from Newegg.com, it has bios 1002.002

It runs great, Prescott P4 2.8, Win 2K w/service pack 4.

+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://johnnyasia.info

"When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from
the future" the warning bells go off,
.... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's doing
something new. .....Check the mans' music out
and hear something different."
- Nick Dedina, Staff Writer, Listen.com

service pack 4????

<pope_about_town at Xyahoo.com (Johnny Asia)> wrote in message

>>On 13-Oct-2004, eric@egypt.net wrote:
>>
>>> This board still has a final bios of 1002. Is this a relatively new
>>> board?
>
> I just got one today from Newegg.com, it has bios 1002.002
>
> It runs great, Prescott P4 2.8, Win 2K w/service pack 4.
>
> +
>
> Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
> http://johnnyasia.info
>
> "When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from
> the future" the warning bells go off,
> ... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's doing
> something new. .....Check the mans' music out
> and hear something different."
> - Nick Dedina, Staff Writer, Listen.com

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:27:31 +0100, "physman"
<alan@NOSPAMacorn-close.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>service pack 4????

Yes,

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/servicepacks/sp4/default.asp#getsp4
+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future
http://johnnyasia.info

"When a man describes himself as a "guitarist from
the future" the warning bells go off,
.... But Johnny Asia really sounds like he's doing
something new. .....Check the mans' music out
and hear something different."
- Nick Dedina, Staff Writer, Listen.com

TS

Version 1003 has been available and 1004 final was just released:

http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800-E%20Deluxe&Type=BIOS&SLanguage=en-us

<rikgale@NOSPAMMESPAMMERSCUMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 13-Oct-2004, eric@egypt.net wrote:
>
> > This board still has a final bios of 1002. Is this a relatively new
> > board? Is this board an "update" on another motherboard like the
> > p4p800 vanilla, which has 18 or so bioses out at the moment? Is this
> > good news for its stability?
>
> I have no idea why so few BIOS's but I have one of these boards and it
seems
> to run fine with the 1002 BIOS. I even have a Prescott running under XP
SP2
> with no issues. I have not had a single issue with this board since I
built
> the machine a month ago. It worked 1st time out and I have not looked back
>
> Rik

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:53:06 -0400, "TS" <ts@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Version 1003 has been available and 1004 final was just released:
>
>http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800-E%20Deluxe&Type=BIOS&SLanguage=en-us

Thanks for the heads up, I missed that. The info for the 1004 bios
appears to list "cpu update". New cpu code.

Which kind of confirms what I meant in the original post which was
that unlike some other boards where it takes 10 or 12 bioses to get it
right, and the rest of the releases are "service updates" for bigger
hard drives or faster cpu's, this board appears to have hit stability
very early on.