white screen

just got a lcd monitor and it has the same plug in as my crt monitor. only it stays white screen. the power button shows it to be online and i can darknen the screen but, thats about it. i can not bring up the menu or anything.
thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about white screen

    minataur1 wrote:
    > just got a lcd monitor and it has the same plug in as my crt monitor.
    > only it stays white screen. the power button shows it to be online
    > and i can darknen the screen but, thats about it. i can not bring up
    > the menu or anything. thanks

    Have you tried RTFM?!

    What is your screen resolution and refresh rate? 15" LCDs usually should be
    1024*768/60-75Hz. 17" LCD 1280*1024/60-75Hz

    If your settings with the CRT is bigger than these, the LCD is not going to
    show it....

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "minataur1" <minataur1@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > just got a lcd monitor and it has the same plug in as my crt monitor. only
    it stays white screen. the power button shows it to be online and i can
    darknen the screen but, thats about it. i can not bring up the menu or
    anything.
    > thanks

Hardware LCD Monitor White Screen CRT Monitors Microsoft Windows XP