PING: Paul

Just a bit of a problem I had earlier in the week that you helped
with:

>It's about to drive me insane. The manual says:
>> >
>> >High frequency beeps when system is working -
>> >
>> >CPU overheated
>> >System running at a lower fequency

You advised to check the 20-pin connector.
Well I checked the Asus Probe software and saw
that the 3.3 voltage was in fact below the threshold.

I unplugged the connector as well as the 4-pin auxilliary
power connector and plugged them back in. I haven't heard a peep, er
beep as of yet. I may have not had the connector all the way in or
something.

Anyways thanks very much for the help. Silence is golden.

Paul

Splendid

In article <p96rm0hftl4kslb452ivs0fqf4sgqk8r01@4ax.com>, Jay Peterman
<biteme@thelibrary.net> wrote:

> Just a bit of a problem I had earlier in the week that you helped
> with:
>
> >It's about to drive me insane. The manual says:

> You advised to check the 20-pin connector.
> Well I checked the Asus Probe software and saw
> that the 3.3 voltage was in fact below the threshold.
>
> I unplugged the connector as well as the 4-pin auxilliary
> power connector and plugged them back in. I haven't heard a peep, er
> beep as of yet. I may have not had the connector all the way in or
> something.
>
> Anyways thanks very much for the help. Silence is golden.

That problem seems to be more common on some boards than
others. I have even read complains on one motherboard, where
the PSU connectors didn't seem to fit snug, as if the supplier
of the parts didn't make them quite the right size. Glad it
didn't cost you an RMA.

Paul