Need help-AGP functions in Asus BIOS

dl

The BIOS for my Asus A7V8X-X has various AGP functions, most of which I find
very confusing and the manual does not clarify these, it just tells me the
different options. Can anyone help clarify the following:
"Graphics aperture size", should I set this for 128MB (my ATI 9200 card) or
leave it at 64MB?
And for the following, a big collective HUH!!! ....
AGP Drive strength? options are manual or auto
AGP Drive N Control? options are 0 to F, default is E
AGP Drive P Control? options are 0 to F, default is F
AGP Performance control? enable or disable
AGP Fast write control? enable or disable
All help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
Regards,
DL

donc

Distinguished
May 24, 2003

"DL" <atek99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The BIOS for my Asus A7V8X-X has various AGP functions, most of which I
> find very confusing and the manual does not clarify these, it just tells
> me the different options. Can anyone help clarify the following:
> "Graphics aperture size", should I set this for 128MB (my ATI 9200 card)
> or leave it at 64MB?
> And for the following, a big collective HUH!!! ....
> AGP Drive strength? options are manual or auto
> AGP Drive N Control? options are 0 to F, default is E
> AGP Drive P Control? options are 0 to F, default is F
> AGP Performance control? enable or disable
> AGP Fast write control? enable or disable
> All help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
> Regards,
> DL

I have the ATI 9200 card (Radeon) in an A7V880. In BIOS the default graphic
aperture size is 128MB. AGP Mode defaults to [AGP 8X]. I've left the other
parameters at their default value of [Disabled]: AGP Read Synchronization,
AGP Fast Write, AGP Master 1 W/S Read, AGP Master 1 W/S Write.

The other functions you list aren't list as such in my BIOS.

FWIW