Lost file

June 17, 2004 2:44:41 PM

Help. I just did a sync with my desktop and it deleted a
file from my ipaq 2215 which I desperately need.
Unfortunately I had not backed up the device in a few
weeks. any help would be appreciated

More about : lost file

Anonymous
June 17, 2004 10:51:29 PM

"John Starceski" <john_starceski@juno.com> wrote in message
> Help. I just did a sync with my desktop and it deleted a
> file from my ipaq 2215 which I desperately need.

Take a look in
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application
Data\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Profiles\{pocketpcname}\Synchronized Files Backup
and see if it's there. Please note that this is the path for Win XP, other
OS may vary - also the variables within { } will depend on your
PC username and your PPC's name.

> Unfortunately I had not backed up the device in a few
> weeks.

Why not?

HTH,

Flib
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 12:02:45 AM

If this file was in your PDA's My Documents folder, and you have activated
File Synchronization in ActiveSync, then you probably can restore this file.

ActiveSync on a PC always makes a backup copy of My Documents folder. In
Windows XP it is stored in:

C:\Documents and Settings\"user name"\Application
Data\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Profiles\"profile name"\

There will be a few directories - one of them stores My Documents backup.

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl