wireless networking

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
January 4, 2005 11:16:18 AM

Hi i am having some trouble networking my laptop to my main
system. I have installed the software to my laptop and
they find each other. But when i try to connect to the
internet on the laptop through the main one it does not
connect. Also i can not see the shared files from either
system. Can any one help

More about : wireless networking

January 4, 2005 10:39:27 PM

"Dean" <bonehead69@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi i am having some trouble networking my laptop to my main
> system. I have installed the software to my laptop and
> they find each other. But when i try to connect to the
> internet on the laptop through the main one it does not
> connect. Also i can not see the shared files from either
> system. Can any one help

How are you connecting to the network? Through a router, switch, hub, cable
wireless, wireless access point, ad hoc set up?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
January 4, 2005 10:39:28 PM

Hi i have a wireless laptop adapter, i think i am set up on
ad hoc. i connect to the internet by usb broadband modem.

>.

Related resources
January 5, 2005 8:05:32 PM

Hi
Making the Wireless Home Network Connection in Windows XP Without a
outer -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp....
mspx?pf=trueHi
Howvevr I might add that you would have a more flexible stable Network if
the whole thing is around a Wireless cable/DSL Router. 802.11b Wireless
Router can be found on sales for less than $20.

Your problem is the USB Modem (USB modem do not work with regular cable/DSL
Routers).

If you plan in the near future to enlarge your network you would need to
invest in an External Ethernet Modem, and if your Broadband is DSL I would
do it even for single computer.

DSL-PPPOE http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

> [...]
January 6, 2005 2:07:29 PM

hi thanks for the advice could i use a ADSL MODEM WITH
WIRELESS G ROUTER will this get round the problem.

Dean

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b F Wireless
January 12, 2005 3:22:35 AM

if you are using a USB modem you will have to use a proxy program loaded on
the computer connected to the mmodem in order to share your internet
connection. I once had the same setup and used wingate as my proxy and it
worked fine.

I suggest getting a modem with an ethernet connection though, it would make
your life alot easier.

news:o hyl5J38EHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!