Can't find CD/DVD Drive

I have a laptop and it no longer recognizes the CD/DVD
drive. It's not present in the device manager or
explorer. I've seen several other people with a similar
problem and fixing the limits through regedit has not
fixed this. I hope microsoft can find a solution to this
and post it soon!

Try here. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C and
scroll to CD Rom or Dvd not
listed in Explorer/MyComputer.
"prince_45243" <prince_45243@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a laptop and it no longer recognizes the CD/DVD
> drive. It's not present in the device manager or
> explorer. I've seen several other people with a similar
> problem and fixing the limits through regedit has not
> fixed this. I hope microsoft can find a solution to this
> and post it soon!

Thanks for responding. I tried that too and no good. I've
tried a lot of measures like that one and I guess it must
work for people with a filter problem but I've definitely
erased them and it still doesn't work. This must be a
widespread phenomenon as I see various people with the
same problem everywhere. Not sure why only some of us
are affected and others aren't.

-d