Can't find CD/DVD Drive

I have a laptop and it no longer recognizes the CD/DVD
drive. It's not present in the device manager or
explorer. I've seen several other people with a similar
problem and fixing the limits through regedit has not
fixed this. I hope microsoft can find a solution to this
and post it soon!
2 answers Last reply
More about find drive

    Try here. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C and
    scroll to CD Rom or Dvd not
    listed in Explorer/MyComputer.
    "prince_45243" <prince_45243@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a laptop and it no longer recognizes the CD/DVD
    > drive. It's not present in the device manager or
    > explorer. I've seen several other people with a similar
    > problem and fixing the limits through regedit has not
    > fixed this. I hope microsoft can find a solution to this
    > and post it soon!

    Thanks for responding. I tried that too and no good. I've
    tried a lot of measures like that one and I guess it must
    work for people with a filter problem but I've definitely
    erased them and it still doesn't work. This must be a
    widespread phenomenon as I see various people with the
    same problem everywhere. Not sure why only some of us
    are affected and others aren't.

    -d

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP