TH

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2004

I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a manual was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get into bios mode so that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH
--
TH

keith

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:57:01 -0700, TH wrote:

> I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a
> manual was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get
> into bios mode so that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I enter the BIOS Setup Utility on a Gateway 500 SE or c667c
computer?

A: For most Gateway computers, to enter the BIOS Setup Utility, turn on the
computer, and then immediately start pressing the F1 key at one-second
intervals until the BIOS Setup Utility starts. However, for the Gateway
c667c computer, turn on the computer, and then immediately start pressing
the F2 key at one-second intervals. A prompt to Press F2 to enter the BIOS
Setup Utility displays for a moment, but you may easily miss it.

The Gateway c667c computer uses the PhoenixBIOS, which uses the F2 key to
enter the BIOS Setup Utility.

--
Best Regards, Keith http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page
Tried of Virus, Spyware, Adware and Popups? Switch To Mozilla Web

Reboot the computer.
Before Windows, you will see a message similar to "Press ** to enter
setup".
Common keys are F1, F2, Esc, Delete and others.
My Gateways used F1

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

Keith wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:57:01 -0700, TH wrote:
>

>>I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a
>>manual was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get
>>into bios mode so that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH
>

> Frequently Asked Questions
>
> Q: How do I enter the BIOS Setup Utility on a Gateway 500 SE or c667c
> computer?
>
> A: For most Gateway computers, to enter the BIOS Setup Utility, turn on the
> computer, and then immediately start pressing the F1 key at one-second
> intervals until the BIOS Setup Utility starts. However, for the Gateway
> c667c computer, turn on the computer, and then immediately start pressing
> the F2 key at one-second intervals. A prompt to Press F2 to enter the BIOS
> Setup Utility displays for a moment, but you may easily miss it.
>
> The Gateway c667c computer uses the PhoenixBIOS, which uses the F2 key to
> enter the BIOS Setup Utility.

The only other one to try is the DEL key. That covers almost all BIOSes.

Nathan McNulty
Beta ID - 525676

"TH" <TH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a manual
was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get into bios mode so
that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH
> --

Gateway has most of their manuals online. Try downloading
the one you need from http://www.gateway.com

-- Bob Day
http://bobday.vze.com