bios mode on gateway computer

I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a manual was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get into bios mode so that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH
--
TH
4 answers Last reply

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:57:01 -0700, TH wrote:

    > I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a
    > manual was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get
    > into bios mode so that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Q: How do I enter the BIOS Setup Utility on a Gateway 500 SE or c667c
    computer?

    A: For most Gateway computers, to enter the BIOS Setup Utility, turn on the
    computer, and then immediately start pressing the F1 key at one-second
    intervals until the BIOS Setup Utility starts. However, for the Gateway
    c667c computer, turn on the computer, and then immediately start pressing
    the F2 key at one-second intervals. A prompt to Press F2 to enter the BIOS
    Setup Utility displays for a moment, but you may easily miss it.

    The Gateway c667c computer uses the PhoenixBIOS, which uses the F2 key to
    enter the BIOS Setup Utility.

    --
    Best Regards, Keith http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page
    Tried of Virus, Spyware, Adware and Popups? Switch To Mozilla Web

    Reboot the computer.
    Before Windows, you will see a message similar to "Press ** to enter
    setup".
    Common keys are F1, F2, Esc, Delete and others.
    My Gateways used F1

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    Keith wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:57:01 -0700, TH wrote:
    >

    >>I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a
    >>manual was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get
    >>into bios mode so that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH
    >

    > Frequently Asked Questions
    >
    > Q: How do I enter the BIOS Setup Utility on a Gateway 500 SE or c667c
    > computer?
    >
    > A: For most Gateway computers, to enter the BIOS Setup Utility, turn on the
    > computer, and then immediately start pressing the F1 key at one-second
    > intervals until the BIOS Setup Utility starts. However, for the Gateway
    > c667c computer, turn on the computer, and then immediately start pressing
    > the F2 key at one-second intervals. A prompt to Press F2 to enter the BIOS
    > Setup Utility displays for a moment, but you may easily miss it.
    >
    > The Gateway c667c computer uses the PhoenixBIOS, which uses the F2 key to
    > enter the BIOS Setup Utility.

    The only other one to try is the DEL key. That covers almost all BIOSes.

    Nathan McNulty
    Beta ID - 525676

    "TH" <TH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I recently purchased a Gateway 510 series (Pent4 2.8) computer and a manual
    was not included. Can anyone out there tell me how I might get into bios mode so
    that I can disable a soundcard? Thanks-TH
    > --

    Gateway has most of their manuals online. Try downloading
    the one you need from http://www.gateway.com

    -- Bob Day
    http://bobday.vze.com

BIOS Computers Gateway Windows XP