ASUS K8V SE Marvell 8E8001 and PXE

Hello,

I just purchase a Asus K8V SE Mobo and plan to install Linux on it. I
would like to get PXE working on the onboard Marvell gigabit ethernet.
So far, i havent had much luck at all.

Anyone had better luck with this MoBo ?

I just purchase a Asus K8V SE Mobo and plan to install Linux on it. I
would like to get PXE working on the onboard Marvell gigabit ethernet.
So far, i havent had much luck at all.

Anyone had better luck with this MoBo ?

--------------

Go to the Marvell website and get the latest driver.

Courseyauto wrote:

> I just purchase a Asus K8V SE Mobo and plan to install Linux on it. I
> would like to get PXE working on the onboard Marvell gigabit ethernet.
> So far, i havent had much luck at all.
>
> Anyone had better luck with this MoBo ?

> --------------
>
> Go to the Marvell website and get the latest driver.

Er, you know that PXE is integrated into the NIC bios and has nothing in
common with any driver?

And yes, pxe booting is working fine on our K8V boards.

Cheers,
Bernd

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Courseyauto wrote:
> I just purchase a Asus K8V SE Mobo and plan to install Linux on it. I
> would like to get PXE working on the onboard Marvell gigabit ethernet.
> So far, i havent had much luck at all.
>
> Anyone had better luck with this MoBo ?

> --------------
>
> Go to the Marvell website and get the latest driver.

Hi,

I don't know if they made any correction on their driver concerning the
bug on the K8VSEDX motherboard (VPD error).
I wrote the patch for Linux, included since kernel 2.6.7, so you need at
least this kernel to use this mobo without trouble.

Marc.

--
L'I2C sous Windows
http://perso.club-internet.fr/mbouget/index.html

ATTENTION : enlevez les X pour répondre (remove all X to reply)