getting back my cd - drives

Sachin

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I cant c my cd-rom drive on mycomputer..and the error log
shows this message.....

The device 'SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-232B'(IDE\CdRomSAMSUNG_CD-
R/RW_SW-232B______________R300_____\5 &23298f83&0&0.1.0)
disappeared from the system without first being prepared
for removal.

Can anyone help me to solve this thing..

Sachin, take a look here.
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm Select C and
scroll to CD Rom or DvD not listed in
Explorer / MyComputer.
"Sachin" <sachyaaa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I cant c my cd-rom drive on mycomputer..and the error log
> shows this message.....
>
> The device 'SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-232B'(IDE\CdRomSAMSUNG_CD-
> R/RW_SW-232B______________R300_____\5 &23298f83&0&0.1.0)
> disappeared from the system without first being prepared
> for removal.
>
> Can anyone help me to solve this thing..

"Sachin" <sachyaaa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I cant c my cd-rom drive on mycomputer..and the error log
> shows this message.....
>
> The device 'SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-232B'(IDE\CdRomSAMSUNG_CD-
> R/RW_SW-232B______________R300_____\5 &23298f83&0&0.1.0)
> disappeared from the system without first being prepared
> for removal.
>
> Can anyone help me to solve this thing..

make sure the cable is ok and connected

--
If the information posted above helps then let me know.
If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

---