wi fi slot on a7n8x-e

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
October 15, 2004 9:27:46 AM

i have the a7n8x-e motherboard

On the asus website there is mention that the wi fi slot will support
802.11g for future upgrades.

http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overv...

Is the 802.11g card available to go into this slot as 802.11g has been
around for sometime.

Regards

Steve Fisher

More about : slot a7n8x

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 15, 2004 7:30:31 PM

Steve Fisher wrote:
> i have the a7n8x-e motherboard
>
> On the asus website there is mention that the wi fi slot will support
> 802.11g for future upgrades.
>
> http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overv...
>
> Is the 802.11g card available to go into this slot as 802.11g has been
> around for sometime.
>
> Regards
>
> Steve Fisher

Don't know if this answers your question(s) or not, however, A quick
search for the Asus WiFi-b produced the following, and more:

http://www.emicrox.com/eShop/product.aspx?pid=1405394&s...

http://www.thenerds.net/productpage.asp?un=181157&s=1

Good luck,

Steven
October 15, 2004 8:08:33 PM

In article <a6572706.0410150427.43070f23@posting.google.com>,
scfisher@gmail.com (Steve Fisher) wrote:

> i have the a7n8x-e motherboard
>
> On the asus website there is mention that the wi fi slot will support
> 802.11g for future upgrades.
>
> http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overv...
>
> Is the 802.11g card available to go into this slot as 802.11g has been
> around for sometime.
>
> Regards
>
> Steve Fisher

Since PCI Slot 5 and Wifi cannot be used at the same time, you
are better off with a PCI 11g card. Asus does make one of those,
though you can find brand name competition that will work just
as well.

HTH,
Paul
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 18, 2004 4:09:58 PM

"Steve Fisher" <scfisher@gmail.com> wrote in message
>i have the a7n8x-e motherboard
>
> On the asus website there is mention that the wi fi slot will support
> 802.11g for future upgrades.
>
> http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overv...
>
> Is the 802.11g card available to go into this slot as 802.11g has been
> around for sometime.
>
> Regards
>
> Steve Fisher

The 64bit cpu board (A8V)? has the faster version. I think the wifi slot
is the same though?
hth
Eddy
!