USB non responsive

Hello,

I have 6 USB 2.0 ports on my machine and they all work
according to the Device Manager, but when I plug a web
camera nothing happens. Windows doesn't seem to "feel"
that some new hardware is plugged in.

I tried to update the driver through the Mother board web
site and still no change.

The web camera is fine (I checked it on another machine)
and the USB ports have power in them (Tested it with a
power indicator device).

Furthermore, it appears that the problem is only in the
USB ports. I tried to plug a printer and windows detected
it just fine.

If you can help me, I would be grateful.
Thank you.

B.T.W, I have a Asus p4b533 Mother board, 512M RAM,
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz , Win XP Pro

"Ehud" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have 6 USB 2.0 ports on my machine and they all work
> according to the Device Manager, but when I plug a web
> camera nothing happens. Windows doesn't seem to "feel"
> that some new hardware is plugged in.
>
> I tried to update the driver through the Mother board web
> site and still no change.
>
> The web camera is fine (I checked it on another machine)
> and the USB ports have power in them (Tested it with a
> power indicator device).
>
> Furthermore, it appears that the problem is only in the
> USB ports. I tried to plug a printer and windows detected
> it just fine.
>
> If you can help me, I would be grateful.
> Thank you.
>
> B.T.W, I have a Asus p4b533 Mother board, 512M RAM,
> Pentium 4 2.4Ghz , Win XP Pro

does you webcam apear in device manager ?
have you installed the drivers for your webcam ?

--
If the information posted above helps then let me know.
If it doesn't more fool you for believing me.

---