Inspiron 5150 CD/DVD drive not reading burned CDs

Hi all,

Just got a new notebook for work and trying to install Visual Studio .NET 2002 off of cd's burned from our library. It seems to be having issues running the vs_setup.exe. Yet if I try to install VS .NET from a trial version in DVD format, things seems to install OK. I also had issues trying to install SQL Server 2000 from CD format. But everything in DVD format appears to install.

Any ideas what I can do to get the drive installing correctly from CD format?

Thanks in advance..
Robin..

Sorry, there is no support for issues with "burned CDs".
Try using the original installation CDs.

You can only install either SQL Server 2000 Personal or Developer Edition on
Windows XP Pro. SQL Server 2000 Standard or Enterprise will only run
on a Server version of Windows.

Ref: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/overview/default.asp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"rsamways" <rsamways@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| Hi all,
|
| Just got a new notebook for work and trying to install Visual Studio .NET 2002 off of cd's burned from our
library. It seems to be having issues running the vs_setup.exe. Yet if I try to install VS .NET from a trial
version in DVD format, things seems to install OK. I also had issues trying to install SQL Server 2000 from
CD format. But everything in DVD format appears to install.

| Any ideas what I can do to get the drive installing correctly from CD format?
|
| Thanks in advance..
| Robin..

Tried even with library CD's, and the drive doesn't seem to read them either. It has no problems however with DVD format. Is this a driver issue, or media related?

Thanks..
Robin..

--
It wasn't me coach, I'm innocent.