Hardware diagnostics

My computer reboots very soon after log-in. I have reformated the hard disk, the problem is still there. I fromated again and loaded the old Windows ME , the same problem. Back again to XP - the problem is still there . the same in the safe mode.
Occassianly on Windows Me safe mode I got the blue screen with" Window protection error - System Halted".
The PC work fine when booting with "DOS" diskette.
I am convinced it is Hardware problem or maybe conflict.
Does Window check hardware and/or conflicts?
Are there diagnostic tools? remeber I can only work in DOS.
I have removed the CD ROMS, the network card and swapped the memory cards.
It must be in the motherboard .
Help please

Sounds like an overheating problem. Check ALL fans, especially those on the
CPU and in the PSU.
www.coribright.com

"XP activation question?" <XPactivationquestion@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:B3994B86-3689-4AE0-BA60-27D4B11A5908@microsoft.com...
> My computer reboots very soon after log-in. I have reformated the hard
> disk, the problem is still there. I fromated again and loaded the old
> Windows ME , the same problem. Back again to XP - the problem is still
> there . the same in the safe mode.
> Occassianly on Windows Me safe mode I got the blue screen with" Window
> protection error - System Halted".
> The PC work fine when booting with "DOS" diskette.
> I am convinced it is Hardware problem or maybe conflict.
> Does Window check hardware and/or conflicts?
> Are there diagnostic tools? remeber I can only work in DOS.
> I have removed the CD ROMS, the network card and swapped the memory cards.
> It must be in the motherboard .
> Help please

Not sure if it is over heating- because it works fine for hours in DOS as well as installing the Windows Software which takes around half an hour.
the computer eboots very soon after Windows log in can will do it for as long is the power is on.