A8V Deluxe and SATA

Ignorant, slow, can't read well, or just can't find answer, I'll wear
all of those, but...

On this motherboard, can I run just 2 SATA drives in a non-RAID,
non-JOBD configuration, so that one is C and boots the system into XP,
and the other is D?

Just trying to make a purchasing decision here. Thank you.

You can with any motherboard supporting SATA.

0h3dn0p74v5mckjrafra203oc2lmmsadec@4ax.com...

Bogusguy wrote:

> Ignorant, slow, can't read well, or just can't find answer, I'll wear
> all of those, but...
>
> On this motherboard, can I run just 2 SATA drives in a non-RAID,
> non-JOBD configuration, so that one is C and boots the system into XP,
> and the other is D?
>
> Just trying to make a purchasing decision here. Thank you.

Yes. I'm running that very same setup.

--
somnambulist

In article <0h3dn0p74v5mckjrafra203oc2lmmsadec@4ax.com>,
imbogus@populov.net (Bogusguy) wrote:

> Ignorant, slow, can't read well, or just can't find answer, I'll wear
> all of those, but...
>
> On this motherboard, can I run just 2 SATA drives in a non-RAID,
> non-JOBD configuration, so that one is C and boots the system into XP,
> and the other is D?
>
> Just trying to make a purchasing decision here. Thank you.

You can with XP 32, but at present, not with X64.

I do that with the Promise controller on XP Pro 32.

John

Please remove "NO-SPAM" if sending email.

TRENDING THREADS